The Philadelphia Cricket Club is the only golf club in the country to have opened a golf course in each of the past three centuries. Our St. Martins course was opened in 1898 and was designed by Willie Tucker. It hosted the United States Open Championship in 1907 and 1910. Nine holes are still open today at the Chestnut Hill location.
Famed architect and Club member, A. W. Tillinghast, built the Flourtown Course in 1922. Named “Wissahickon” in 2002, it is renowned for its difficult par 4’s, most notably 9 and 18, which both stretch over 450 yards from the championship tees. The course also contains 8 other par 4’s over 400 yards that will test your game to the limit. Over the years the course has hosted numerous local major championships including the 1998 Pennsylvania Open and the 2003 Golf Association of Philadelphia Mid-Amateur Championship that was won by 13-time Cricket Club Champion, Rob Savarese, Jr.
The Militia Hill Course opened on April 27, 2002. The design team of Dr. Michael Hurdzan and Dana Fry crafted this golf course out of an old Revolutionary War encampment. From the championship tees it plays to a par of 72 with a demanding length of 7,370 yards. Golf Digest nominated the course for best new course category for the year 2003. The course tested itself against what the best of the region had to offer when it hosted the 2003 and 2004 Philadelphia Section PGA Championship and the 2004 Philadelphia Amateur Championship.